RUDOLF science goes hand in hand with environmental responsibility.
R&D constantly explores new technologies and innovations that help transforming the textile and fashion industries. We work to gradually reduce dependency on conventional raw materials so that a significant fraction of our products can be made from either natural, renewable alternatives to oil, or waste and/or byproducts from other industries.
RUCO®-DRY BIO CGR
RUCO®-DRY BIO CGR is the first durable water-repellent finish entirely based on natural waste: by-products that accumulate during the processing of cereal grains in the food industry.
The excessive natural, organic material - that would otherwise be disposed of - is refined and combined with additives to create a powerful water and stain repellent textile finish. By turning natural waste into DWR, RUDOLF has created RUCO®-DRY BIO CGR where the active component is made, by more than 90%, by bio carbon. This is a new, valuable tool for a truly sustainable textile industry. Further ingredients are incorporated that do not only boost the water repellent performance, but also balance secondary features such as smooth runnability in production, breathability and fabric handfeel. Despite the massive content of recycled biomass, RUCO®-DRY BIO CGR easily meets the usual performance and durability standards applied to water-repellent textile finishes.
RUCO®-DRY BIO NPE
RUCO®-DRY BIO NPE is the first durable water-repellent finish entirely based on a carefully selected mix of natural plant extracts. The well-balanced mix of plant-based ingredients combines excellent water and stain repellent effects with breathability and natural handfeel. Unlike other 100% renewable raw materials, the water-repellent active ingredients in RUCO®DRY BIO NPE are chemically and genetically non-modified and are not used as food, feed or fuel. Furthermore, all of the plant extracts that compose RUCO®-DRY BIO NPE are subject to a strict conservation and sustainability framework. Because of this regulated agricoltural scheme, the supply of RUCO®-DRY BIO NPE is sizable yet limited to creation and marketing of exclusive collaborations in performance outdoor and sports apparel that embed state-of-the-art, all-natural technology.
Performance & Features
- Excellent, initial water repellency on synthetics, cellulosics and blends; spray rating 100 acc. to AATCC 22
- Superb home laundering resistance up to 3ox acc. to DIN EN ISO 6330 (addition of crosslinker e.g. RUCO®-LINK XHC for cellulosics and blends is recommended for maximized durability)
- Initial performance is easily restored through tumble drying or ironing of finished articles after laundering
- Excellent repellence towards water-based stains such as coffee, tea, orange juice, etc.
- Retains the fabric's inherent breathability and comfortable wear features
- No impairment of the fabric's appearance or handfeel